General Practice License
Checklist of Items Required:
- Application Form, including:
- Social Insurance Number, Passport, Visa, Birth Certificate, or Drivers License
- Notarized recent photograph of the applicant
- Notarized photocopy of Veterinary Degree
- Notarized Photocopy of NAVLE results
- Notarized Photocopy of Certificate of Qualification from the National Examining Board
- Application Fee*
- Applicable Membership dues (CVMA/ABVMA)*
- Letters of good standing from EACH jurisdiction that the applicant has been registered to practice veterinary medicine in
- List of veterinary employment history
- Contact information for three character references
- Details of any and all suspensions, expulsions, or denied licensure from any jurisdiction
- Details of conviction for any offence or presently facing outstanding charges under the Criminal Code of Canada, the Narcotic Control Act, the Food and Drugs Act, or similar legislation in any other jurisdiction.
- Details of any use of the substances listed in Schedules G & H of the Food and Drugs Act, or any of the substances listed in the Schedule to the Narcotic Control Act.
- Authorization for the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association to make any inquiries that it deems relevant to my Application for Membership from:
- those Educational Institutions that I have attended
- those Professional Associations of which I am or have been a member
- current or previous supervisors or employers
- any relevant organizations or agencies
* Please note: Applications will not be processed until the Application Fee AND Membership dues are received.